For once in my life I’m planning ahead with my writing. I’m going to do something different for the month of August. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in having a piece of their writing featured on The Ink Owl?
This is open to anyone and everyone who follows my blog or comes across this randomly. I think the more diverse the writing group the more interesting August will be.
Since I’ve had a theme for just about every month
I would like submissions contain an essence of fantasy as well as reflect this prompt:
“Into the deep I plunge.”
- Submissions can be short stories, poetry, journal entries, or thoughts. Short stories, journal entries, and thoughts must be between 300 and 1700 words. Poem should have no more than 600 words. Submissions can be previously posted or written, you don’t have to write whole new pieces if you don’t want to.
**As a courtesy to my younger or more sensitive readers, please do not use graphic language or excessive profanity.**
- Each post will feature a short blurb about you and will contain a link to your site. Please indicate the top 8 tags you would like used.
- Answer these three questions about yourself:
- 1. Where you are from.
- 2. You favorite: piece of writing writing/book/literature.
- 3. In no more than two sentences, why you love to write.
- Photos are more than welcome, and encouraged as long as they do not contain graphic content (i.e. nudity, pornography, violence, self-harm, and the like).
You can submit pieces via email. Send them to:
Subject line: August Submission
I need about 30-ish pieces and will take submissions up until July 15th. Spread the word by commenting below if you are interested and sharing with your fellow bloggers.
Now I wait with baited breath!