Thanks to Earth To Ash for nominating The Ink Owl for another blogging award! I’ve been blogging for almost a year now and I’m continually surprised at the positive atmosphere of our WordPress network. My efforts in writing have flourished under so many encouraging and constructive comments and feedback. We do so much good for one another as writers when we participate in these blogging awards and highlights. I urge all of you that have been nominated to find those people who need your encouraging words and help them along their path.
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
Seven facts about me:
1. I am a complete Sci-fi nerd. I love everything to do with it, books, movies, kids toys. It’s probably pathetic, but it makes play time with my boys intetesting.
2. I work full-time in a cancer hospital and have just started my second bachelors degree while blogging and writing (as much as I can). I’m kind of busy.
3. I’ve shared a nod and prayer with the Dalai Lama in person.
4. I have a dream of publishing children’s books with my childhood friend. Check out his illustration/animation page here.
5. I’ve been writing stories since I was 13, but have been a storyteller since I was a young kid. These stories usually involved plastic dinosaurs crushing Hotweels cars.
6. As a child my father would read his favorite stories to me before I went to bed. I would fall asleep listening to the sound of his voice as he took my mind on wild adventures. These stories included books by Michael Critchon, Clive Cussler, Bill Wallace, and Dean Koontz. He is one of the main reasons why I strive to write today.
7. I draw a lot of personal inspiration from Louisa May Alcott character of Josephine March. If she really existed I think we would be thick as thieves.
My nominations in no certain order: